by WCSO staff
On the morning of Tuesday, March 6 th at 7:51 a.m., New Waverly Firefighters, Walker County EMS along with Walker County Sheriff’s Office Deputies were dispatched to a possible carbon monoxide poisoning at an enclosed structure in the 100 block of Gourd Creek Drive in New Waverly, Texas.
Upon the deputies and other first responders arrival they found a man and woman lying unconscious and were determined to be deceased by medical staff.
Upon the caller initially arrived at the location, it was determined that a motorized generator was running inside of the structure, which was powered off at that time by the caller. At this point of the investigation, no foul play is suspected, but the investigation is still underway. Both bodies have been submitted to the Montgomery County Forensic Services pending autopsy results.
At this time the identity of the victims in this case cannot be released, pending the notification of family members. Additional information will be released upon the completion of this investigation.
Walker County Sheriff Clint McRae would like to thank all agencies involved for their assistance in this very tragic event.