The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added David Lee Gonzales, 40, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Gonzales, a confirmed Tango Blast Houstone gang member, is wanted for parole violation. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Gonzales has been wanted since March 2016 and has ties to Houston (his last known address). In 2005, Gonzales was arrested in Pasadena, Texas, after he burglarized a residence and physically assaulted a man, causing serious bodily injury. He was convicted of burglary of habitation-committed aggravated assault and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Gonzales’ criminal history also includes robbery, possession of marijuana and evading arrest. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=359.
Gonzales is 6 feet 1 inches tall and weighs approximately 250 pounds. Gonzales has a tattoo of a teardrop on his left cheek near his eye; a tattoo of a star on the right side of his head; and other tattoos on his arms, legs, chest and back.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders. So far in 2017, Texas Crime Stoppers has paid $27,500 in total rewards for anonymous tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website athttp://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.