The reward for Jerry Wayne Adaway, 57, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $8,000 for information leading to his capture if the tip is received in the month of December. Adaway, a violent sex offender, is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Adaway has ties to the Houston area, which was his last known address and where he may frequent homeless shelters, public parks and food banks. He also has ties to New Orleans. In 1982, Adaway was convicted of raping a 16-year-old girl in Harris County. In 2007, Adaway was convicted of the sexual assault of a 16-year-old girl in Travis County. His criminal history also includes sex offender registration violation, robbery and possession of a controlled substance. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/featured.aspx?flb=Featured%20Sex%20Offender.
Adaway is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs approximately 200 pounds. He has tattoos on both arms, his left hand and chest; scars on his back and chest; and needle marks on both arms. Adaway is known to use multiple aliases and may wear glasses.
One offender from the Texas 10 Most Wanted Program is featured each month in hopes the higher reward money from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division will generate additional tips. The higher reward amount will only be paid if the tip comes in the same month the fugitive is featured. All calls, texts, emails and Facebook tip messages are anonymous.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website athttp://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.