The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today announced the launch of seven regional social media accounts, covering every corner of the state and all seven DPS regions, including North Texas, Southeast Texas, South Texas, West Texas, Northwest Texas, Central Texas and the Capitol Region. This expanded social media network will complement the existing DPS social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and further connect the department with local communities.
“With a state as diverse and spread out as Texas, it’s important for DPS to continually seek ways to share information and connect with the Texans we proudly protect and serve,” said DPS Director Steven McCraw. “Each DPS region is unique, and we look forward to using these regional social media accounts to highlight the work of the department in those areas and bolster our ties with communities throughout Texas.”
Each of the new Facebook and Twitter accounts for the seven different DPS regions will provide the public with information specifically tailored to the individual area. Social media posts that Texans can expect to see on the new regional accounts include public safety news, helpful tips, department activities and accomplishments, and community involvement.
Follow the DPS regional accounts today:
- DPS – North Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – Southeast Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – South Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – West Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – Northwest Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – Central Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter
- DPS – Capitol Texas Region: Facebook | Twitter