TxDOT To Hold Open House to Propose Widening I-45 from the Montgomery County Line to SH 19 in Huntsville, Walker County.
The purpose of this project is to improve safety and mobility along this portion of I-45. The project limits are from the Walker/Montgomery County Line to the south end of Huntsville, with a length of 12.4 miles.
Proposed improvements include:
- Replace existing mainlane pavement with new pavement
- Widen to six travel lanes (three north and three south) with a center concrete traffic barrier instead of a grass median
- Extend and replace drainage
- Replace all existing bridges
- Add a new direct connection from northbound I-45 to northbound SH 19
- Reconstruct ramps to current standards
- Reconstruct frontage roads and crossroads adjacent to new ramps and interchanges
No additional right of way is required and construction is estimated to begin in 2016. Please see the I-45 South Walker County project page for more information.
Citizens with special communication or accommodation needs are encouraged to call (979) 778-9727 at least two business days prior to the event. Sí desea información en Español, puede llamar al (979) 778-9615. The public is encouraged to provide comments on or before Monday, March 1, 2015.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Click HERE for a map of the proposed project.
For additional information contact:
TxDOT Bryan District
Director of Transportation Planning and Development
2591 N. Earl Rudder Freeway
Bryan, TX 77803