by Walker County News Today staff
During Wednesday’s Walker County Hospital District meeting Board Chairman Bob Hardy announced that some board members would be visiting the Montgomery County Hospital District to view their operations to see how they process indigent care. He included information about the audit process that the MCHD has in place.
Hardy also announced that the District’s lawyers were currently working on the Letter of Intent for the proposed purchaser of the hospital; the Letter of Intent be ready for signatures “pretty quickly.”
In other district business:
- Minutes for the 2 previous meetings were approved.
- $9,194 in indigent care bills were approved for payment.
- The monthly financial report was approved. The District received $453,773.05 in revenue (mostly from lease payments according to Hardy); expenses were $623,881.95.
- Approved payment of monthly bills. No amounts or totals were reported to the public.
- Approved recording $576,664 for indigent care expenses for September 2016.
None of the reports or information voted on at this meeting were available on the District’s website or at the meeting for public review.