October 21, 2015
As part of the ongoing community inspired strategic design process, Huntsville ISD is continuing to gather community input through a series of focus groups. Holding these focus groups is the third step in the input gathering process. Our first and second steps included hosting a series of three Education Summits and the online survey. To date, we have had more than 900 people participating in this process, which is the largest community engagement effort in recent HISD history. During the focus groups, participants will have an opportunity to go in-depth on sharing your thoughts about what HISD should be providing for students today and in the future. HISD encourages the community to participate by attending one of the scheduled meetings on Tuesday or Wednesday, October 27 or 28, in the Hornet Room at the HISD Support & Learning Center on the campus of Mance Park Middle School (corner of 8th Street & University Ave) at various times (see below).
Three Parent and four Community meetings are scheduled over the 2-day period. Invitations are also extended to special groups to participate in the Community meetings including retired educators, clergy, businesses, and local clubs and organizations. Several meetings are designated specifically for civic leaders, city and county officials, employees of Sam Houston State University and the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. There will also be internal meetings conducted for HISD staff groups. If an individual isn’t able to attend a meeting intended for their particular stakeholder group, they can sign up to attend one of the other Community meetings. The final meeting entitled “Catch All” is open to anyone interested in participating.
ALL meetings will be limited to 20 people each, and registration will be tracked on a first come first serve basis. Citizens wanting to participate are encouraged to SIGN UP now using the online registration process found on the district website on the Strategic Design HERE and scroll down to the Focus Group Meetings section. Specific group registration links are also being shared via the district’s social media pages. Please sign up before 12:00 Noon on Monday, October 26. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Duncan, HISD Director of Communications @ 936-435-6397 or email email@example.com.
Public Stakeholder Sessions -First 20 to Sign Up:
Tuesday, October 27
- 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM Parents
- 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM Community (Retired Educators, Promoting our Positives & Huntsville Education Foundation)
- 12:45 PM – 2:00 PM Sam Houston State University & Texas Department of Criminal Justice Employees
- 5:15 PM – 6:30 PM Parents
- 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM Community (Businesses, Realtors, Clergy, local Clubs & Organizations)
Wednesday, October 28
- 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM Civic Leaders, City & County Officials & Texas Department of Criminal Justice Employees
- 12:45 PM – 2:00 PM Parents
- 5:15 PM – 6:30 PM Community (Businesses, Realtors, Clergy, local Clubs & Organizations)**
- 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM Catch All – Community/Parents/Anyone interested