Huntsville ISD Press Release
HUNTSVILLE, TX – Huntsville ISD wrapped up another successful Spelling Bee. Sponsored by The Huntsville Item Newspaper, Round 1 was conducted in the classroom, Round 2 followed prior to the Christmas break with the Top 20 rogressing on to Round 3 held in January. The district is proud to announce the Top 3 Winners from each participating campus as follows:
- Huntsville Elementary: James Kouba, 1st place; Madison Reed, 2nd place; and Jessica Barnett, 3rd place
- Samuel W. Houston Elementary: Rhynebert Mallari, 1st place; David Mars, 2nd place; and Ciera Austin, 3rd place
- Scott Johnson Elementary: Bella French, 1st place; Chris Smith, 2nd place; and Fredy Cortez, 3rd place
- Stewart Elementary: William Wood, 1st place; Keziah Ross, 2nd place; and Mackenzie Dixon, 3rd place
- Huntsville Intermediate: Jenna Blake, 1st place; Jake Holland, 2nd place; and Kathleen Williams, 3rd place
- Mance Park Middle School: Wenhan Li, 1st place; Namrata Mathew, 2nd place; and Tiarra Rolling, 3rd place.
The first place winners from each campus listed above advanced to the Zone 8 Regional Spelling Bee for Montgomery, Walker, Polk, San Jacinto, and Trinity Counties held on February 12, 2015, at Peet Junior High in Conroe ISD. First grader, Rhynebert Mallari from Samuel W. Houston Elementary finished 5th place at the Regional Bee competing in his final round against middle school and junior high school students. We are very proud of Rhynebert as well as all of the other outstanding district spellers who received recognition during the regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees on February 19, 2015. Huntsville ISD would like to thank The Huntsville Item Newspaper for their continued support of the district bee and for providing the trophies for our winners.