“We hope this free day offers an incentive to all people to experience the great outdoors in our forests and grasslands,” Supervisor Mark Van Every said.
Camping fees remain in effect, but day-use fees will be waived on Saturday, June 11 at these recreation areas and trails:
- Angelina National Forest: Caney Creek and Townsend.
- Sabine National Forest: Haley’s Ferry, Red Hills, Ragtown, East Hamilton, Indian Mounds, Lakeview and Willow Oak.
- Davy Crockett National Forest: Ratcliff Lake and Piney Creek Horse Trail.
- Sam Houston National Forest: Stubblefield, Cagle Boat Ramp, Scotts Ridge, Double Lake and the Multi-Use Trail.
- Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson National Grasslands: Coffee Mill Lake, Bois d’Arc Trail, West Lake Crockett, Black Creek Lake, Valley View and TADRA.
Other scheduled fee-free days observed by the Forest Service are National Public Lands Day and Veteran’s Day weekend.
For more information, contact the Angelina District Office at 936-897-1068; Sabine District Office at 409-625-1940; Davy Crockett District Office at 936-655-2299; Sam Houston District Office at 936-344-6205; the Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson Grasslands at 940-627-5475, or visit the Web site at www.fs.usda.gov/texas.