Huntsville Community Theatre would invites members of the public to audition for their upcoming production: Proof, by David Auburn.
Auditions will be held at the J. Philip Gibbs, Jr., Centre for the Performing Arts (Old Town Theatre), 1023 12th St., in Huntsville on:
- Mon Aug 1 at 6:00pm
- Tue Aug 2 at 6:00pm
This production is a drama and will be directed by Tamara Draper.
- Catherine – A young woman, 27 years old, who inherited much of her father’s mathematical genius, and, she fears, his “instability” as well; she gave up her life and schooling to take care of her father until his recent death.
- Claire – Catherine’s older sister, a practical and business-minded woman who has been comfortably successful in her work and relationships. She left Robert and Catherine behind, distancing herself from the run-down family home of her youth. She left the family to make a new life for herself in New York City.
- Robert – A recently deceased mathematician praised for his groundbreaking work in his youth, but whose later years were plagued by delusional mental illness; he is seen in Catherine’s imagination and in flashbacks.
- Harold (Hal) Dobbs – One of Robert’s last Ph.D. students during the one year his idol and mentor’s illness went into remission, at least enabling Robert to teach, if not continue his own creative mathematical work.
A plot synopsis and more details are available at http://www.huntsvillecommunitytheatre.
Rehearsals are scheduled to start soon after rehearsals.
Performances are set for: Sep 16, 17, 23, & 24 at 7:30pm, and Sep 18 & 25 at 2pm.
Auditions are open to ALL – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY – and are conducted with “cold reads” – no preparation is necessary.
The following steps will take place during the audition:
- Auditioning Actors arrive – 6 pm sharp (later arrivals must be approved by HCT or the Director).
- ALL Actors and Crew MUST fill out one of HCT’s audition application forms – COMPLETELY. (Write n/a if the question does not pertain to you.) Resumes will be accepted but are not necessary to audition.
- Get Approval of completed application by an HCT volunteer that is helping with the auditions.
- Photo taken for ID purposes – No prep necessary – used for casting ID ONLY!
- Actors will go into the auditorium – with their complete, approved application in hand — from there you will be guided in the audition process by the director or another HCT volunteer.