December 2015 news and events from the Huntsville Board of REALTORS®
Serving our Communities:
Throughout November and December members collected food and monetary donations for local food banks. Member offices throughout the area participated.
Welcoming New Members:
The Huntsville Board of REALTORS® welcomed the following new members during the month of December:
- Sulma Olivares – Keller Williams Realty-Conroe/Lake Conroe/Huntsville
- Marilynn Green – Re/Max Lake & Country
- Doris Lanell Duke – Re/Max Lake & Country
- Charles Bailey III – Re/Max Lake & Country
- Thomas Duke – Re/Max Lake & Country
- Burkhalter Jr, Bob – Bob M. Burkhalter, Jr.
- Burkhalter, Tammy – Bob M. Burkhalter, Jr.
- Sherry Bruno – Bruno Properties
New Leadership for 2016:
David Markham was sworn in as the incoming 2016 President of the Huntsville Board of REALTORS®.
Other officers and directors sworn in:
Wrapping up 2015:
December was a busy month for your local REALTORS®. With the many new federal requirements implemented beginning October 2015, our members were well-equipped to help buyers and sellers navigate the changing landscape of real estate closings. Lenders, title companies, and other businesses involved in the closing process have worked alongside our REALTORS® to help make the new closing procedure as seamless as possible.
Board members are making plans to attend the upcoming Texas Association of REALTORS® Winter Meeting in Austin during the month of February.
Classes are being scheduled for REALTORS® that wish to earn additional designations in the real estate industry.