Huntsville ISD to Host Round-Up for incoming Pre-K & Kindergarten Students
It’s Huntsville ISD Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten Round Up time for Fall 2016 Enrollment! The district has planned a 2-day centralized event for Tuesday, May 17 and Wednesday, May 18 at the HISD Transportation Center located at 95 Martin Luther King Drive. These enrollment sessions are scheduled for different times each day in hopes of better accommodating all of our parents/guardians. Registration on Tuesday, May 17 will be from 11 AM until 8 PM and on Wednesday, May 18 from 7 AM until 3 PM.
This required registration process is intended for students who are entering HISD PreKindergarten or Kindergarten for the first time for the 2016-2017 school year. Only Kindergartners who are new to the district need to register, this event is not intended for current HISD Gibbs PreK Center students. In order to qualify, Pre-Kindergarten students must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2016. Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2016.
The following enrollment documents are required and must be brought to the registration event:
1. A document of birth or proof of identification for the child;
2. The child’s shot record with doctor’s signature or public heath verification. (A TB Test may be required under certain circumstances);
3. The child’s Social Security Card or copy;
4. Proof of Residence: current utility bill, deed of trust, property tax statement, or an unexpired lease agreement which shows a physical address (post office boxes excluded).
5. Parent/Guardian ID or DL.
Pre-Kindergarten is free for all students who qualify. Please bring proof of income to help determine eligibility. For those students who do NOT qualify, there are a limited number of tuition funded spaces available annually. Huntsville ISD offers transportation to students, free breakfast for all students and free lunch for those who qualify. In August, a July paystub will be required to determine if the child qualifies for the Free & Reduced School Meal Program.
For more information or enrollment criteria, please visit www.huntsville-isd.org, or contact Administration @ (936) 435-6300.